Dental anxiety is not uncommon. Many people avoid getting critical dental treatments because of fear or embarrassment. Fortunately, sedation dentistry Simpsonville SC can help you overcome your dental anxiety, so you can receive the treatments you need. If you’re interested in sedation dentistry, here’s everything you need to know about it:
What are the Things I Need to Know About Sedation Dentistry?
There are Different Levels of Sedation That Meet Different Needs
There are different levels of sedation. Depending on how grave your anxiety is or how extensive the procedure, your level of sedation might vary. The following are the levels of sedation that help meet your needs:
- Minimal Sedation: You’re conscious but relaxed during the procedure.
- Moderate Sedation: You’re still conscious throughout the procedure, but you won’t be able to remember much about it.
- Deep Sedation: You’re unconscious throughout the procedure but can respond purposely after repeated stimulation.
- General Anesthesia: You’re entirely unconscious and are unable to respond.
There are Four Methods Used to Administer Sedation
Sedation dentistry Simpsonville SC uses medication to help you relax in a dentist’s chair during various types of dental procedures. Sedation can be given to you through the following:
- Inhaled sedation through laughing gas.
- Oral sedation through pills.
- Intravenous moderate sedation through injection.
- General anesthesia is also given through an IV or breathing mask or tube.
Many People Can Benefit from Sedation Dentistry
Many types of people can benefit from sedation dental procedures, including the following:
- Patients with severe dental anxiety
- Sensitive gag reflex
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Those who can’t sit still on a dentist’s chair
- People that need to undergo extensive dental work
Are You Looking for More Information About Sedation Dentistry Simpsonville SC?
Dental anxiety is something that needs to be taken seriously and should be addressed, so you can receive the proper dental treatments you need. At Pelham Links Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, we will help you overcome your dental anxiety through sedation dentistry Simpsonville SC. Together, we will bring back the confidence in your smile! Contact us for inquiries!